Transportation Assistance Program
Families battling childhood cancer often face great financial burdens including the cost of transportation associated with treatment. The Carson’s Crusaders Transportation Assistance Program is designed to alleviate some of these transportation costs for families.
We provide support to patient families at our affiliated hospitals in the form of gas cards, parking vouchers, and other transportation assistance. Read some of the stories of the challenges these families face.
Applications must be submitted by a Social Worker or other medical professionals on behalf of patient families.
2018 Affiliated Hospitals
Transportation Program Guidelines and Eligibility
In order to be eligible to receive assistance through Carson’s Crusaders Foundation, the following criteria must be met:
- The patient is diagnosed with a solid tumor childhood cancer.
- The patient is 18 years of age or younger OR the patient is between the ages of 19 and 21, was diagnosed before their 19th birthday, and is being treated by pediatric oncology.
- The patient’s primary oncology treatment facility is one of our affiliated hospitals.
- The patient is currently receiving cancer treatment.
- Annual and lifetime limits apply for all transportation programs.
- Applications are only accepted from medical professionals (Social Worker, Nurse, Physician, etc.) who apply on behalf of the recipient family.
- Funds are available only to patients whose primary oncology treatment center is one of our affiliated hospitals.
- Carson’s Crusaders Transportation Fund does not provide reimbursement for past travel.
- All other sources for transportation funding should be maximized before Carson’s Crusaders Transportation funding is utilized.